Call for Self-Nominations for Vice President/President-Elect, PR Coordinator, Treasurer, and Board Member at Large (3 positions)
Are you looking for a leadership opportunity? Would you like to get involved in
professional service for an ACRL chapter? If so, please consider nominating yourself for the ALAO Board. Elections will take place in March/April 2019, and successful candidates will take office at the ALAO Board retreat this summer. Come join a fantastic group of Ohio library workers!
Remember that you must be an ALAO member in order to run for office, so this is a perfect time to join or renew.
What does the ALAO Board do?
The Ohio chapter of ACRL has a mission of advancing academic library services in our state and providing opportunities for education and growth for library personnel at all levels and at every career stage. We sponsor an annual conference and spring workshops that focus on innovative topics and showcase Ohio academic librarians; we provide scholarships and awards; and we maintain several active, diverse interest groups and committees. In addition, we have an active mentoring program that pairs up Ohio academic librarians for peer, intergenerational, leadership, or student mentoring relationships.
What is my role as an ALAO Board member?
- Perform the duties described for your elected position (see the ALAO Procedures Manual for the specific duties and responsibilities of each position).
- Attend the annual Board retreat (usually in June/July of each year; 2019 date and location to be determined).
- Attend four Board meetings per year.
In 2019, we will be electing the following officers:
- Vice President/President-Elect
- Public Relations (PR) Coordinator
- Board Member At Large (3 positions)
Submit this online nomination form by Friday, February 15, 2019, to be considered as a candidate.
If you have questions, please contact Katy Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018/2019 ALAO Nominating Committee:
- Katy Kelly, ALAO Past President and Nominating Committee Chair, University of Dayton
- Stefanie Hilles, Miami University
- Yuimi Hlasten, Ohio State University
- Eboni Johnson, Oberlin College
- Christine Morris, OhioNET
- Edith Scarletto, Bowling Green State University