The ALAO Awards Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2018 Jay Ladd
Distinguished Service Award and the Kathryn Venditti Mentoring Award.
The Jay Ladd Distinguished Service Award recognizes an individual who has:
- been an Academic Library Association of Ohio member for at least 5 years
- promoted academic libraries and librarianship on his or her own campus and within the state
- provided sustained leadership in the promotion of Academic Library Association of Ohio, e.g., committee service, interest group chair, position on the Executive Board
Additional information about the Jay Ladd Distinguished Service Award is available at https://www.alaoweb.org/aboutalao/jay-ladd-award.php.
Please submit nominations for the Jay Ladd Distinguished Service Award through the Jay Ladd Distinguished Service Award online nomination form.
The Kathryn Venditti Mentoring Award recognizes an individual who has:
- demonstrated excellence as a mentor to a librarian, library worker, or library science student
- a sustained record of effective mentorship, as demonstrated by activities that may include but not be limited to advising, developing, coaching, sponsoring, advocating, guiding, and/or supporting librarians, library workers, or library students
Additional information about the Kathryn Venditti Mentoring Award is available at https://www.alaoweb.org/Venditti-Award.
Please submit nominations for the Kathryn Venditti Mentoring Award through the Kathryn Venditti Mentoring Award online nomination form.
NOTE: You may nominate more than one person for each award! Your reasons for nominating your candidate(s) for will be especially valuable to the Awards Committee so please be as detailed as possible.
Please submit your nominations by Friday, October 12, 2018.
Questions? Please contact Katy Kelly, ALAO past president and Awards Committee chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The 2018 ALAO Awards Committee
Katy Kelly (chair, ALAO past president), Eric Resnis (ALAO president), Katy Mathuews (ALAO vice president/president-elect), and appointed members Sue Polanka (2017 Jay Ladd Award recipient) and Jenny Donley (2017 Kathryn Venditti award recipient).