Like many of you at your respective institutions, ALAO has had to adapt to the challenges presented by COVID-19. Interest group workshops and our annual conference have moved to online formats. Please check event web sites and email communications for details if you plan to attend one of our exciting events for the remainder of this year. The ALAO Executive Board has also moved to the virtual environment for the foreseeable future, including our April 24, 2020 meeting. A list of key points from that meeting is below.
- Work continues on a revised Code of Conduct for all ALAO events and meetings.
- A task force is working on a means to make future Executive Board meeting minutes available online.
- New approaches to aggregating and communicating with volunteers for ALAO positions, events, and projects are being reviewed.
- Continued response and consideration of COVID-19 impacts were discussed.
- Planning for the 2020 Executive Board Retreat is underway. This year’s Retreat will be held online. The Board Retreat is an opportunity to transition new boards into positions, conduct a board meeting, and discuss projects, challenges, and opportunities.
I hope you are all safe and healthy. Remember that ALAO is a rich community for camaraderie, information-sharing, and partnership. Feel free to reach out to me, the Executive Board, and Ohio academic library colleagues as we navigate these unprecedented times together.