ALAO’s Distinguished Service Award is named for Jay Ladd, a former Ohio State University librarian who was instrumental in forming ALAO. This award, our highest honor, is given annually to recognize a member who has:
(1) been an Academic Library Association of Ohio member for at least 5 years
(2) promoted academic libraries and librarianship on his or her own campus and within the state
(3) provided sustained leadership in the promotion of Academic Library Association of Ohio, e.g., committee service, interest group chair, position on the Executive Board
The Awards Committee is now accepting your nominations! Please submit your nomination online at: http://bit.ly/JayLadd2015
This is a wonderful way to recognize a colleague who has provided leadership in ALAO and in our profession. The recipient of this year’s award will receive an honorary 5-year membership in ALAO and will be recognized at the ALAO Annual Conference at Nationwide Hotel and Conference Center on November 20, 2015.
NOTE: You may nominate more than one person! Your reasons for nominating your candidate(s) will be especially valuable to the Awards Committee.
Please submit your nominations by MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2015.
Questions? Please contact the Awards Committee Chair, Eboni A. Johnson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or any of this year’s committee members:
• Brian Gray, ALAO President (email@example.com)
• Krista McDonald, ALAO Vice President/President-Elect (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Alisa Mizikar, Past Jay Ladd Award winner (email@example.com)
• Kathryn Venditti, Past Jay Ladd Award winner (firstname.lastname@example.org)