Kate Medicus, Kent State University
Stefanie Hunker, Bowling Green State University; SCAIG Co-Chairs
Save the date!
The SCAIG Spring workshop will be held on Wednesday, June 3
Special but not Specialized: Special Collections & Archives Do It All
SCAIG has a plan to offer our upcoming annual workshops at different locations each year—to be hosted by special collections and archives in Ohio. This spring, we will be meeting at the Kent State University Library for an event focused on providing an opportunity for academic special collections librarians and archivists to get to know their colleagues across the state and discuss the most pressing issues affecting their work. The day will include:
- Three informal presentations:
- Cara Gilgenbach, Head of Special Collections and Archives, Kent State University Libraries
- Jennifer S. Morrow, Hiram College Archivist
- Stefanie Hunker, Browne Popular Culture Library, Bowling Green State University
- Time to view the exhibit, “The Kent State Shootings and Their Aftermath: Through the Media’s Lens” with the exhibit’s curator and Kent State University Archivist, Lae’l Hughes-Watkins
- Tour of Kent State’s Special Collections and Archives spaces
- World Café style conversation session
- “Freebie exchange” of publications and handouts
- Option to visit the National Register of Historic Places site of the Kent State shootings and The May 4 Visitor Center and Walking Tour
For now, save the date–details about registration will be forthcoming. Hope to see you June 3!