Sara Klink, Stark State College
The Instruction Interest Group is focusing on creating an active online community this year. Our planning committee has decided to include additional projects in their charge rather than just focusing on the spring workshop. Our first project is to make our current IG blog more dynamic. We recently put out a call asking ALAO members that showed interest in participating in the Instruction Interest Group, to submit proposals to develop and write instruction focused blog posts. Topics we are looking for include:
- Innovative uses of instructional tools (particularly those related to new technologies)
- One-shot instruction ideas
- Keeping instruction interesting
- Collaborating with departmental faculty
- Assessment (of one-shot sessions, of the program, of librarian teachers)
- Impact of the revision of ACRL’s IL competency standards on instruction
- Teaching and learning with web scale discovery
Interested parties may submit proposals through this link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ncWdHPW_9-Wx9xhGSaOwJE4Hi0x0vQorgk0SVcuMGBI/viewform
In other IIG news, we are currently in the planning stages for our spring workshop which will be held at Stark State College, in North Canton this May. Please stay tuned for details.
As our group works to develop new activities and programs we encourage you to keep an eye on our blog, participate in discussions and share your instruction ideas with the community!