Continuing Education Grant Program-Apply Now!
Are you presenting a conference paper, attending a workshop, or looking to participate in other professional development opportunities in 2023? The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) Continuing Education Grant can help you get there!
The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) Continuing Education Grant is awarded each year to support the cost of participating in professional development opportunities such as conferences, workshops, seminars, etc. which are related to the member’s current position, in pursuit of a professional library degree, or growth of DEI knowledge and leadership. Current ALAO members are eligible to apply for funds to defray the costs of attending any library-related educational opportunity occurring during the calendar year.
- Applicant must be a current member of ALAO.
- Applicant may not have received this grant in the previous three award cycles (2022, 2021, 2020).
- Funded event must occur between January 1 and December 31, 2023.
Application Deadline: February 3, 2023 11:59 p.m.
If you have any questions about the Continuing Education Grant, please contact the Professional Development Committee chair, Kristen Peters.
–Kristen Peters, Professional Development Committee Chair, Wittenberg University
From the ALAO Diversity Committee: ALAO Continuing Education Grant Eligible DEIA Learning Opportunities
Here are a variety of DEIA learning opportunities listed below. Some are free and others require some sort of fee. ALAO members have the opportunity to apply for the ALAO Continuing Education Grant. The grant would cover any of the below and other opportunities.
- Zines for Critical Reflection and Pedagogy – Jan 2023 (Library Juice Academy)
- Library Resources and Services for Patrons on the Autism Spectrum – Jan 2023 (Library Juice Academy)
- Inclusive Instructional Design – Feb 2023 (Library Juice Academy)
- Assisting Patrons with Mental Disorders Across Library Settings – Feb 2023 (Library Juice Academy)
- How To Build an Antiracist Library Culture – Feb/Mar 2023 (Library Journal)
- Redefining Wellness for Librarians of Color – March 2023 (Library Juice Academy)
- Bias and Micro Messages Workshop (in person) 3/23 (OhioNET)
- Equity-Centered Library Leadership March 2023 (Library Journal)
Recent events from ACRL
More from ARCL https://www.ala.org/acrl/conferences/free
- Recognizing Bias Webinar 12/1/22 (NEO RLS)
- Putting the “A” in DEIA: Accessibility as a Necessity in the Scholarly Communications Workflow Webinar 12/1/22 (ACRL / Choice)
- ACRL ULS AOC: Online Roundtable Discussion: Outreach for Building Student Belonging (Session 1) – 11/30/22
- ACRL ULS AOC: Online Roundtable Discussion: Outreach for Building Student Belonging (Session 2) – 12/2/22
Other Opportunities in Ohio
–Gwen Short, Diversity Committee Chair, The Ohio State University Wooster Campus
Call for the ALAO Research Grant applications
As an ALAO member you have the opportunity to apply for up to $2,000 in grant funding in support of your research. The Academic Library Association of Ohio (ALAO) Research Grant is awarded each year to help in funding costs associated with research investigations related to issues in libraries, librarianship, and information science and technology.
- Eligibility: Applicant must be a current member of ALAO.
- Application Deadline: January 20, 2023
If you have questions, please contact the ALAO Research & Publications Committee Co-Chairs, Sarah Nagle or Paul C. Campbell.
–Paul Campbell, Research & Publications Committee Co-Chair, Ohio University
–Sarah Nagle, Research & Publications Committee Co-Chair, Miami University