The Academic Library Association of Ohio’s Professional Development Committee (ALAO PDC) is excited to announce a call for participation in the 20221-2023 Mentoring Program.
The Academic Library Association of Ohio Professional Development Committee reviews registration information and matches mentoring pairs. The annual program typically runs from November 1 through October 31.
The mentor application contains a few fields that will be posted on the ALAO web page as a prospective mentor bio. Mentees will select three potential mentors from the bios and the PDC will match participants and reach out to new mentor-mentee pairs.
We invite people interested in being mentors to complete the application here. Applications are due September 30, 2022
- Mentor bios will be posted to an ALAO web page.
- Prospective mentees review the list of available mentors and identify three mentors they would like to work with.
- Prospective mentees complete an online application listing their top three mentor choices.
- ALAO PDC will then work to create a match. When a match is confirmed, both parties will be notified.
- Prior to your first mentoring meeting, ALAO PDC will provide some guidelines and suggestions to help get the mentoring relationship off to a good start.
- Typically, most mentoring relationships meet for at least four sessions based on mentor/mentee availability and scheduling preferences.
- At the end of the mentoring relationship, a program evaluation will go out to both parties.
Who Can Be a Mentor?
We welcome mentors from all levels of professional experience in academic libraries. Mentoring offers a meaningful way to engage with a colleague, be a supportive listener, and help them identify and achieve their professional goals.
Questions? Please contact Melissa Bauer: firstname.lastname@example.org, Melissa Hill email@example.com, Chris Robinson-Nkongola firstname.lastname@example.org