During the 2020-2021 academic year, the ACRL Representative:
- Forwarded to the ALAO Board list or the ALAO membership list information emailed from ACRL as appropriate.
- Attended ALAO board meetings, and communicated questions to ACRL as necessary.
- Compiled the Ohio Chapter Annual Report for ACRL
Updates from ACRL Chapters Council at ALA Annual
- Forward Together – many resolutions are being drawn up; there is movement but it is taking a great deal of time.
- Membership and the value of membership is top of mind for leadership.
- Awards program is on a one year pause while a taskforce determines if the awards are still relevant to members.
- CR&L News will be online-only starting January 2022
- Membership is under discussion – focusing on retention and engagement; identifying why people leave.
- ACRL taskforce is looking at the budget as it relates to EDI work in ACRL, and if ACRL is living its values
- Replacing Midwinter, and will focus more on content and less on meetings.
- Call for proposals forthcoming.
–-Created by Katie Blocksidge, The Ohio State University at Newark. Submitted by Jane Hammons, Liaison to ACRL, The Ohio State University