Are you looking for a leadership opportunity? Would you like to get involved in professional service for an ACRL chapter? If so, please consider nominating yourself for the ALAO Board. Elections will take place in March/April, and successful candidates will take office at the ALAO Board Retreat this summer. Come join a fantastic group of Ohio librarians!
What does the ALAO Board do?
As the Ohio chapter of ACRL, we have a mission of advancing academic library services in our state, and providing opportunities for education and growth for library personnel at all levels and at every career stage. We sponsor an annual conference and spring workshops that focus on innovative topics and showcase Ohio academic librarians; we provide scholarships and awards, and we maintain several active, diverse interest groups and committees. In addition, we have a mentoring program that pairs up Ohio academic librarians for peer-to-peer, inter-generational, leadership, or student mentoring relationships.
- Perform the duties described for your elected position – see the Procedures Manual for the specific duties and responsibilities of each position
- Attend the annual two-day retreat (usually in June/July of each year; 2017 dates and location to be determined)
- Attend up to 4 Board meetings per year (usually on Fridays, at OhioNET)
This year, we will be electing the following officers:
- Vice President/President Elect
- Board Member-at-Large (3 positions)
- Public Relations Coordinator
Remember that you must be an ALAO member in order to run for office, so this is a perfect time to join or renew. Join or renew here.
Submit the online nomination form by Friday, February 17, 2016 to be considered as a candidate!
If you have questions, please contact me or another member of the Nominating Committee.
Brian C. Gray, Case Western Reserve University
Katy Mathuews, Ohio University
Eileen Theodore-Shusta, Ohio University
Mandi Goodsett, Cleveland State University