The Research & Publications Committee will be accepting proposals for research grants beginning December 12, 2017. If you have a research project or are thinking about a research project that could use some funding, we can help! ALAO members can apply for up to $2000 in research funding to cover the costs for current or upcoming research projects.
Apply for grant funding via the ALAO website. A full description of the application and criteria may be found here.
1. Application form
2. Budget worksheet
3. Current curriculum vitae
Applications will be judged on the following criteria:
- Does the applicant demonstrate knowledge of the published research in the area of study, and how the proposed research will add to the field?
- Does the proposed research make a unique and significant contribution to library science and knowledge of academic libraries?
- Is the methodology for research clearly outlined? Does the methodology support the research process and outcomes?
- Is the proposed budget sufficiently detailed and clear?
- Does the proposed budget refer to financial support provided by the applicant’s home institution? If so, is the proposed amount justified in comparison to institutional support?
- Is the proposal clear and complete, conforming to all required information as stipulated in the grant application instructions?
We look forward to your applications!
Elisabeth Shook, Wright State University
Eboni Johnson, Oberlin College, Research and Publications Committee Co-Chairs