The ALAO Awards Committee is now accepting nominations for the 2016 Jay Ladd Distinguished Service Award.
This award recognizes an individual who has:
- been an Academic Library Association of Ohio member for at least 5 years
- promoted academic libraries and librarianship on his or her own campus and within the state
- provided sustained leadership in the promotion of Academic Library Association of Ohio, e.g., committee service, interest group chair, position on the Executive Board
The Jay Ladd Distinguished Service Award honors the memory of Jay Ladd, a founding member of ALAO in the early 1970s. Past recipients are listed here.
This is a wonderful way to recognize a colleague who has provided leadership in ALAO and in the profession. The recipient of this year’s award will receive an honorary 5-year membership in ALAO and will be recognized at the ALAO Annual Conference at the Roberts Centre (Wilmington, Ohio) on October 28, 2016.
Please submit your nomination through the online nomination form, which requests the following information:
- Name of nominee
- Nominee’s position title
- Nominee’s college or university
- Nominee’s ALAO activities
- Your reasons for nominating this person
- Your name and contact information
NOTE: You may nominate more than one person! Your reasons for nominating your candidate(s) for the Jay LaddDistinguished Service Award will be especially valuable to the Awards Committee.
Please submit your nominations by WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 31, 2016.
Questions? Please contact Brian Gray (firstname.lastname@example.org). Thank you!
Brian Gray, Case Western Reserve University