The ALAO Board is happy to announce a proposal for a new interest group focusing on Special Collections and Archives was approved at the February meeting. The new interest group is charged with “providing a vehicle with which to discuss and disseminate issues and developments pertinent to special collections and archives in Ohio academic libraries.”
Goals & Objectives of the Special Collections & Archives Interest Group:
- To provide opportunities for networking with colleagues with similar interests.
- To provide an opportunity for professional service and development within the state for special collections librarians.
- To encourage discussion of topics relevant to academic special collections and archives.
- To increase visibility of special collections and archival materials across the Ohio academic community.
- To hold an annual meeting to discuss business for the upcoming year.
- To hold an annual workshop to exchange ideas or techniques on issues or developments relevant to the archives and special collections field.
- To encourage and sponsor more conference sessions, presentations, and panel discussions about topics related to archives and special collections.
Please contact chairs Kim Tully (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Stefanie Hunker (email@example.com) for more information about this new opportunity for getting involved in ALAO.